Don’t Let Your Emotions Make Your Decisions. Try The Revolving Door Test For Decision-Making.



Don’t Let Your Emotions Make Your Decisions. Try The Revolving Door Test For Decision-Making.


In his book, “Only the Paranoid Survive”, Andy Grove (former Chairman and CEO of Intel) described how he and Gordon Moore (Founder, former CEO and Chairman of Intel)made the crucial decision to get out of the memory business.
I looked out the window at the Ferris wheel of the Great America amusement park revolving in the distance, then I turned back to Gordon and I asked, “If we got kicked out and the board brought in a new CEO, what do you think he would do?” Gordon answered without hesitation, “He would get us out of memories.” I stared at him, then said, “Why shouldn’t you and I walk out the door, come back and do it ourselves?” See more...
Source: Bau Porte

Comments