It Takes AI To Figure Out It Is Better Letting Customers Keep Certain Items While Issuing Refunds? Really?


    Source: Yahoo


I'm not surprised by the news that companies like Amazon are letting customers keep certain items while issuing refunds. What I'm surprised is how long it took them to realize that for some inexpensive items, it costs them more to ask the customer to return the items. This is what happened to an order I placed with Amazon. Instead of asking me to send the item back, Amazon just issued a refund. 

Why I'm surprised? According to WSJ, AI figured it out. If an item is less than $10 but it costs a lot more than $10 in shipping and handling fees, it might make more sense to let the customers keep the items. This is more like common sense to me than something that will need artificial intelligence to figure it out. Here is the link to the article.

Why Amazon, Walmart, Chewy Are Letting Customers Keep Certain Items While Issuing Refunds



Comments